Not enough time for a long blog today.After a busy day at school, I am meeting up with Dale and Kathi to go see Grease at The Papermill Playhouse. We are using my dad’s tickets. Unfortunately, my dad is still in the hospital and not coming home like he thought. He was in great spirits yesterday thinking that at some point today he’d be back in his house. Dave and Dale were “on call” for his pick up today, just waiting for the call saying he could leave. When I spoke to him early this morning I wasn’t so sure because he had run another fever during the night. He still seemed optimistic, but after seeing several doctors during the day, including the infectious disease specialist, they decided another day was needed.
Needless to say, he is NOT happy about it. That alone tells me that he’s feeling better though. It took until the seventh day for him to complain and start arguing about staying any longer. I haven’t spoken to any of his doctors. I can never get there and time it to meet up with one. Today, he was taken for an echocardiogram. I am still unclear why, but since he had a quadruple bypass years ago, I assume they were checking to make sure no damage was done to his heart after the blood infection and high fevers.
I am hoping that those results come back soon. So is dad! He just wants to get out of there. I know he doesn’t want to hear it, but I am happy that they are checking everything out, even if it means staying a bit longer. At least this way, we will know he’s all clear to go home and won’t have to worry about him relapsing at home. Better to get all better now than have to go back to the hospital!!
Once again, thanks for all the good wishes. He can’t wait to get home to thank you all personally~