We didn’t get the 24 inches of snow that were predicted. It was probably closer to 8. Not even close, but the ice, sleet, hail storm that followed was pretty bad. It was a good call to shut schools throughout the state. The roads are sheets of ice and now the question is…what about tomorrow? Delayed opening? Another snow day? My guess would be on delayed opening but teachers don’t find out any sooner than everyone else finds out so we will wait and see.
This morning, we were awakened once again, to the sound of the phone. I made a quick wish, “delayed, delayed not closed please…”
We had even more snow overnight, so it was the now familiar voice of our superintendent announcing our fate…we are already giving back one day of our Spring Break vacation, a week that we have already planned on being away. I didn’t want to give up another!
Fortunately the call was for a two hour delayed opening. That gave us time to shovel – AGAIN and still have enough time to get ready for work with time to spare. I am lucky to have a three minute commute to work but not everyone I work with is that fortunate. The roads are a mess due to a shortage of salt so it was a good call giving everyone time to get to school safely.
By the time we got out of school, the temperature had risen to 40 degrees! Who would have thought that I, (the girl who despises the cold) would cheer for the day that we reached temperatures of FORTY!?!!? The sun was shining and some of the snow had even begun to melt. With snow piled up in mounds over four feet high, it is going to take quite some time to get rid of it all. My hope now, is that it doesn’t melt too quickly because I don’t know if my basement will be able to handle it!
The weather forecasters are predicting that temperatures may hit 50 degrees by Friday! With warmer weather approaching and the days staying lighter longer, it actually gives me a glimmer of hope that Spring really is only 29 days away!